1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday?
Anything outdoors. Since I work in an office with no windows, I try to spend my free time outside, enjoying the beautiful weather that is frequent to Southern Alabama. But if I truly can only pick one favorite I would have to go with doing nothing-having no plans whatsoever. Seems like every minute of life is so scheduled nowadays, it’s nice to just wake up on my own with no idea of what might lay ahead of me that day. Spontaneity is key.
2) List your top three favorite TV shows.
1) Sons of Anarchy
3) How I Met Your Mother
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them?
Be in them (and despise how I look in every single one) only because I have no artistic ability when it comes to taking a good picture.
4) Why do you blog?
Started to keep track of my food and exercise habits; transformed into a passion for running and fitness; and now I blog to hopefully reach out to a random reader who might find inspiration in my efforts like I found when I came across the runner-blogging community. (*And to keep my mom up to date on daily life activities!)
5) Share five websites that you visit regularly…
1) Facebook (sad to admit, I’m an addict)
2) SkinnyRunner (also addicted-seriously, check her out.)
Aside from what pages I visit on FB and the bloggers I like to keep up with, I typically don’t “surf the web” very often. Never been very tech savvy (hence the poor blogging capabilities), but I totally view any major clothing store/accessory websites to check out any sales, new additions, and just keep adding stuff to wish lists only 🙂
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be?
7) List a few of your favorite snacks.
- Low-fat yogurt (strawberry, blueberry, straw/banana, peach)
- Pretzels with Nutella
- Apples with Peanut Butter
My “fur child,” Lola. I guess technically she’s a Chihuahua (mix with something-I think Italian Greyhound. IDK), but I treat her as if she were my actual child. I know parents say they didn’t know they were capable of loving so much as their child(ren), but I seriously feel that way about my dog. Truly unconditional love. My coffee mug says it all.
9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without?
1) My phone-not because I’m a text addict and constantly on it, but because it also holds all my music, pictures, and memos to keep me sane!
10) What’s your favorite drink?
Water is my go to refreshment and of course, my morning COFFEE!!
11) Do you enjoy cooking?
Very much. I didn’t really learn how to on a regular basis until I was out of college and living with Carl—that on campus dining was rather spoilsome—but now that I have gotten the hang of cooking and learning the importance of a balanced meal, I love experimenting with my foods and finding new combinations and flavors. I actually prefer to cook my own meals than eat out somewhere, that way I know exactly what I am putting in my body.
12) Do you have children?
13) What are your favorite hobbies?
Running, eating, blogging (of course!), reading, cleaning/organizing—yes, I realize you are making a funny face after reading that last one, but I seriously do enjoy reorganizing drawers/rearranging rooms and the satisfaction that comes after vigorously cleaning my home from floor to ceiling 🙂
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?
Combination of both. No, I’m not bipolar. It mainly depends on the situation with which I am facing. With new people/situations, I can come off rather shy and quiet. Growing up, I was always the shy kid tagging along with outgoing friends. But the more I grew into and became comfortable with myself, I became the loud, up for anything, making everybody laugh-girl of the group. I still have my moments where I am the reserved, quiet girl but enjoy myself more as outgoing.
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
It’s taken me a long time to not answer this question with a list of physical attributes. I have come to accept myself for who I am and love it. But I have always hated my handwriting. It’s not girly, or aesthetically pleasing when trying to read. It’s merely letters put together to make words and sentences. Another reason I have fallen in love with blogging!
16) Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Actor: Johnny Depp. He’s beautiful and I love that he has made his career based on acting roles/characters that heenjoys rather than what pays the most or what everyone else is into at that particular moment. I love that he can portray a comic, a cartoon, a hero, a woman, a historical figure, a pirate, a drug dealer, a monster—whatever, and STILL get you to fall in love with him.
Actress: Meryl Streep. Give the woman an Oscar already!
17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week?
Ran over 6 miles non-stop.
18) Do you live near your family or far from them?
Almost 700 miles away 😦
19) List three of your talents.
Plural?! Assuming I have even ONE talent is laughable.
20) What is your greatest attribute?
Sincerity. I think my sister would describe me better by using the word “tactless,” but I think sincere has a better ring to it..
Copied from dictionary.com: sin·cere adjective
1. free of deceit, hypocrisy, or falseness; earnest: a sincere apology.
2. genuine; real: a sincere effort to improve; a sincere friend.
3. pure; unmixed; unadulterated.
4. Obsolete . sound; unimpaired.
I like to think of all of the previous words describe me. I will never deceive those whom I love and care about; I try in every way to follow through on what I say; I learned fast as a child that lying gets you nowhere; I’m a true believe that if I offer my complete, unedited, uncensored self to others I will not only get the same in return, but those that I am sincere with will truly appreciate me for having that attribute. After all, honesty is the best policy.